This skinny margarita recipe keeps your cocktail low calorie while maintaining all the margarita flavor you love. Using classic margarita ingredients (lime, tequila, and orange bitters), this skinny margarita has all the flavor of your favorite cocktail. Plus, it makes up for any lack of sweetness with the jalapeño simple syrup.
Tips to Make a Better Margarita:
- Use high quality alcohol. Casamigos is our favorite tequila. We think it offers the best flavor for our drink, but use any quality tequila you trust. Using cheap tequila reflects in the taste of your drink.
- Find your perfect mix. In our opinion, all cocktails should be personalized. Everyone has a different idea of what the perfect balance of flavors is. Try out your margaritas a couple of times to discover your favorite mixture.
- Use big solid ice cubes. Crushed or hollow ice cubes are quicker to melt and dilute the flavor of your skinny margarita. Instead use big solid ice cubes — typical freezer cubes are usually like this.
- Rim your glass with salt. Rimming your glass with salt adds an exciting bar-like flair to your drink. Use pink Himalayan for an extra touch!
- Make your own simple syrup. Jalapeño simple syrup is the key to making this recipe stand out from any other margarita you’ve had. Using homegrown jalapeños to create your own simple syrup will take this skinny margarita from good to best. If you can’t grow your own jalapeños, be sure to buy super fresh from local growers.
Skinny Margarita RecipeCourse: DrinksCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
This Skinny Margarita has all the taste of the classic margarita but has fewer calories while maintaining all the same taste.
2 oz Blanco Tequila
1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
.5 oz Agave Nectar
1 Tsp. Jalapeno Simple Syrup
2 Dashes of Orange Bitters
Splash of Topo Chico
Garnish with Orange Slice
- Combine all ingredients into tin shaker.
- Add ice, shake vigorously, and strain into rocks glass.
- Add fresh ice and garnish.
Add to It
This margarita deserves a companion (or two). Here are a few recipes you might love alongside your cocktail.
Having a girls night? Try this kale face mask recipe. It will detox and brighten your face using all-natural ingredients — and you can make it at home.
No matter what, margaritas need chips and salsa to match it. This roasted tomato salsa recipe is a perfect red-salsa addition to your night. Plus, it’s super healthy (and low calorie!)
Trying to keep super healthy? This watermelon radish and orange seasonal salad is one of our favorite ways to eat healthy and get all the flavors in. In any case, it’s a stunning visual to add to your dining table.