In preparation for our Pepper Party on Saturday, May 30th at 7:00pm CST we are revealing Chef Katy Lopez’s Famous Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita.
This cocktail is one of our absolute favorites. With a unique fresh and spicy flair, this margarita adds delicious cucumber and jalapeño harvests to the classic margarita. Agave nectar sweetens up the recipe, while lime adds a touch of tart.
It’s the perfect cocktail to enjoy on a warm summer night with family and friends. We suggest serving it with chips and salsa, guacamole, and even tacos. It’s always the star of the evening at our cocktail parties.
Cucumber Jalapeno MargaritaCourse: CocktailCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
This tasty Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita is the creation of Chef Katy Lopez. It has the perfect kick and is a great fresh cocktail!
3-4 slices fresh jalapeño
1/4 cup cucumber diced
2 tsp agave nectar
2 oz fresh lime juice ~ 2 limes, juiced
2 oz Tequila
1 oz Cointreau
2 tbsp salt for garnish
extra slices of jalapeño, cucumber and lime for garnish
- Place fresh jalapeño slices, diced cucumbers and agave nectar in your cocktail shaker. Using a muddler, muddle the mixture until the jalapeños and cucumbers are broken down into small bits.
- Add the lime juice, tequila and cointreau into the cocktail shaker then fill the shaker to the top with ice. Shake the cocktail 30-45 seconds, until the shaker is extremely cold to the touch.
- Place 1-2 tbsp of salt on a small plate. Run one of your discarded lime halves around the rim of each glass to lightly coat with juice. Dip the rim of the glass into the salt plate to lightly rim the glass.
- Fill each glass with ice and pour the contents of the cocktail shaker over the ice.
- Garnish each glass with a slice of jalapeño, lime and cucumber.