The Jalapeño Margarita is our #1 cocktail of choice this summer. Our secret trick to the perfect jalapeño margarita comes from our own “Chief Fun Officer” Beth Susens.
Here’s the secret: jalapeño simple syrup. This spicy and sweet syrup will liven up your favorite tequila or vodka. Add it to our jalapeño margarita recipe and instantly turn any gathering into a fun fiesta.
Jalapeño Simple Syrup Instructions:
- Remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapeños unless you want the syrup really spicy.
- Place the water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. The sugar will quickly melt into the water creating your simple syrup.
- Add the jalapeño halves and simmer on low for 5-10 minutes until the jalapeños turn from a bright green to light green.
- Turn off the heat and let the syrup cool.
This spicy, sweet syrup will last in a glass jar for a few weeks in your fridge and is an easy way to spice up your favorite cocktail.
Spicy Jalapeño Margarita
This recipe is our summer go-to. It’s slightly spicy, festive, and has “sunny weekend cocktail” written all over it.
We have tried this recipe with both tequila and vodka. Lots of taste tests prove that both are excellent choices.
- ½ cup of your favorite tequila or vodka
- 1 Tbsp of honey
- ¼ cup triple sec
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
¼cup jalapeño simple syrup
- Mix all of the ingredients together and blend or shake.
- When ready to serve, rim your favorite glass with salt and pour.