This crisp and refreshing watermelon mint margarita recipe was created for the summer heat and sunny poolside days. With juicy watermelon, freshly harvested mint leaves, and a bit of mint simply syrup, you’ll pack your cocktail with exciting but familiar flavors.
Mint and watermelon are mild flavors and thus leave plenty of room for tasting and enjoying your quality tequila. Simply muddle the mint and watermelon, add all the ingredients to a shaker, and strain over ice. Our favorite tequila for this recipe is the blanco Casamigos tequila.
Tips for a Better Margarita:
- Avoid cheap tequila. There are a couple cocktails where quality of alcohol doesn’t matter as much. Tequila is not one of these cocktails. Use quality tequila for optimal flavor results. We choose Casamigas often for our tequila cocktails.
- Try it your way. Mix your margarita several times and play with the amounts of each ingredient until you find your perfect balance. There’s no reason not to be an expert at mixing cocktails.
- Use big solid ice cubes. Hollow and crushed ice tend to melt faster and then dilute the flavor of your cocktail. Typical freezer ice cubes do the trick in a margarita!
- Use homegrown produce. Mint just tastes better when it’s grown in a home garden. (Herb tend to lose their flavor sitting on grocery shelves.) If you can, use harvests from your garden — or your neighbors. If not, be sure to buy super fresh produce from the store.
Course: DrinksCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Watermelon Mint Margarita
This Watermelon Mint Margarita is the perfect summer margarita. Refreshing & crisp, it’s our designated poolside cocktail.
2 oz Blanco tequila
1 oz fresh lime juice
.5 oz mint simple syrup
4 watermelon cubes
2 dashes bitters
Combine all ingredients into a tin shaker.
- Muddle watermelon/mint.
- Add ice. Shake vigorously and fine strain into rocks glass.
- Add fresh ice and garnish.
Add to It
If you want something to eat alongside your delicious drink, here are a few of our favorite recipes to try out.
This stuffed bell pepper recipe has a quinoa base and will complement the sweet flavors of your watermelon mint margarita.
Nothing goes along with a margarita as well as tacos. These 5 taco recipes have an option for every eater and are super tasty options for taco Tuesday — right alongside your margarita of course.
Have extra basil harvests? Try these 5 basil recipes to use up your fresh harvests in the tastiest ways.
Other Margaritas to Try
This Watermelon Mint Margarita is only one of Gardenuity’s famous margarita recipes. Try out the other options below.