Veggie cocktails are the way to go in 2020. The nutrients of your veggies will counterbalance some of the effects of alcohol and they add a fresh flavor you’ll love.
This recipe takes the classic margarita and elevates it by including homemade kale-ginger juice and a bit of agave nectar. With sweet grassiness from the kale and a nice spice from the ginger, it’s a flavor explosion meant for a fiesta.
Green Kale MargaritaCourse: DrinksCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
Sweet green kale and a spicy ginger punch take this margarita to a whole new level. With a homemade ginger-kale juice and agave nectar, you’ll love how this elevates your booze.
- For the kale and ginger juices:
Ginger, enough to make 1 cup juice
Kale juice, enough to make ½ cup juice
- For the cocktail:
2 oz. tequila
1 oz. lime juice
¾ oz. agave nectar
½ oz. ginger-kale juice
- Make the ginger and kale juices:
- To make the kale juice, wash, stem, and roughy chop kale. Liquefy in a blender at high speed. Strain out solids if desired.
- To make the ginger juice, finely grate ginger over a cheesecloth. Squeeze cheesecloth to strain out ginger juice.
- Assemble your cocktail:
- Rim your glass with salt. Set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in ginger-kale juice, tequila, lime juice, and agave nectar. Shake well.
- Fill glass with ice. Pour cocktail into glass and serve!