Kale is the superfood we all could use more of. Quinoa is the whole carb that is actually delicious and good for you.
Why not combine them?
This salad is a nutrient-packed recipe with all of your favorite harvests: beets, tomatoes, carrots, and kale.
Top it with tasty avocado, hemp seeds, and your favorite dressing!
Quinoa Kale SaladCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
Beets, kale, tomatoes, carrots, and quinoa make up this tasty salad. Roasting the carrots and beets adds extra tenderness and sweetness. With hemp seeds and avocado to top it off, it’s a great recipe for the health nut in you!
- For the Quinoa:
¾ cup quinoa, well-rinsed
1 ½ cups water
- For Salad:
4 large carrots, roughly chopped
1 beet, thinly sliced
Sea salt, to taste
8 cups kale, roughly chopped
½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
¼ cup hemp seeds
- Cook Quinoa:
- Heat a pot over medium heat and add quinoa. Toast for 1 minute, stirring often. Add water and bring to a low boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook until liquid is completely absorbed — about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare Vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place carrots and beets on a baking sheet. Add avocado oil and season to taste.
- Roast until slightly golden brown — about 25 minutes. Set aside.
- Assemble Salad:
- Mix all vegetables and quinoa together in a big bowl.
- Top with hemp seeds and dressing of choice.