A macro bowl is the ultimate version of balanced eating. Coined “macro” for consisting all of your macronutrients — protein, fat, and healthy carbohydrates — macro bowls are the best way to achieve healthy and satisfying meals.
This vegetarian macro bowl is a delicious foray in Mediterranean cuisine with a nutty lemon tahini dressing and dried chickpeas. With kale, butternut squash, avocado, and quinoa at its core, it’s super nutritious and will keep you fueled all day.
Butternut Squash Noodle and Kale Macro BowlCourse: Main DishCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
Kale, butternut squash spirals, and quinoa make up the base of this bowl. Topped off with a sweet lemon tahini dressing and crisp dried chickpeas, it’s a vegetarian-friendly meal for the healthiest version of us!
- For the bowl:
1 bunch kale, shredded
1 ½ cups quinoa, cooked
1 butternut squash, spiraled (or cubed)
1 cucumber, diced
1 avocado, sliced
Crunchy chickpeas, purchased or made
- For lemon tahini dressing:
¼ cup runny tahini
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup water
¼ tsp garlic powder
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
- Prep ingredients:
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add butternut squash to the pan. Cook until tender — about 10 minutes (spirals) or 20 minutes (cubes).
- Cook quinoa, according to package instructions.
- While quinoa and squash are cooking, wash and chop all veggies.
- Make the dressing:
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk vigorously with a fork until creamy.
- Assemble your bowl:
- Divide ingredients between 3-4 bowls. Top with diced cucumber, avocado, and chickpeas.
- Drizzle lemon tahini dressing on top, according to taste.