Lentil soup is a staple for vegans everywhere. Packed with protein from the lentils and seasoned with rosemary and thyme, it’s a warm and flavorful option.
Let it simmer in a crockpot all day or cook in under 30 minutes. Then, garnish with your freshly harvested parsley and enjoy!
Vegan Lentil SoupDifficulty: Easy
This classic vegetable lentil soup is a delicious way to get plant-based protein and flavor. Seasoned with fresh thyme and rosemary and garnished with parsley.
2 Tbsp water (or avocado oil)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ white onion, diced
4 large carrots, thinly sliced
4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
¼ tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
¼ tsp black pepper, plus more to taste
3 cups red baby potatoes, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup uncooked green lentils
2 cups chopped kale
Parsley, to garnish
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add water or oil, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, being careful to not burn the garlic.
- Add potatoes and season again. Stir and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, rosemary, and thyme. Increase heat slightly and bring to a rolling simmer.
- Add washed lentils and stir. Once simmering, reduce heat to low and let simmer (uncovered) until lentils and potatoes are tender — about 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
- We always use our fresh herb harvest in our recipes, if you haven’t tried freshly harvest herbs you have to give it a try! The flavor is so much more robust.