It is tough to believe that we are finally entering late summer; when you feel the back-to-school season right around the corner, and need a little inspiration to spruce up your recipe collection again.
As the weather continues to provide sweet sunshine, high temps and the occasional rain, our gardens also continue to offer us a beautiful late summer harvest.
Here are 10 simple summer favorites to mix up your kitchen creations. Bonus points for taking advantage of your home garden!
10 Summer Recipes
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
- Fresh lemonade is the ultimate summer staple. Refreshing, sweet, and oh-so nostalgic, lemonade is the summer classic you should make this week. All you need is about 6 lemons, 1 quart of water, and 1 cup of sugar. Mix it all up, and you’re ready for a delicious beverage. Bonus points if you add any fresh herbs from your garden, like basil or lavender!
- Homemade Popsicles
- Popsicles are another symbol of summer that carry such sweet nostalgia. Enjoying a popsicle from the ice cream truck is always fun, but being able to make your own using your harvest from your garden is even better. You can get our full recipes for boozy and family-friendly popsicles.
- Homemade Sangria
- This classic beverage is the perfect way to unwind while enjoying the harvest from your strawberry and basil gardens. All you need to do is mix it up, and let it sit. Then, enjoy! You can find our favorite Sangria Recipe here!
- Grilled Cheese + Tomato Sandwich
- The grilled cheese sandwich is a classic summer delicacy. You simply cannot go wrong! Add in fresh tomatoes from your late summer harvest, and your sandwich will be extraordinarily delicious. Take a look at our Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich Recipe!
- Watermelon + Basil Salad
- The watermelon and basil salad is a trend that we are loving this summer. Crunchy, sweet, and just a little bit spicy; it’s everything you could ever want in a salad. Chop up your watermelon, fresh mozz, add in the fresh basil and sprinkle some chili powder on top, and you’re ready to enjoy. Here you can find the full watermelon and basil salad recipe.
- Homemade Salsa
- Salsa is the perfect addition to your kitchen for this week. You can use it as a snack with chips, or a fresh topping for tacos or fish dishes. You can also use fresh tomatoes, cilantro, onion and chiles from your garden! Take a look at our Roasted Tomato Salsa Recipe to make your own.
- Elote (Mexican-style Corn on the Cob)
- We love this elote recipe from SimplyRecipes. Elote is a Mexican-style recipe for corn on the cob, and it is a fantastic addition to your dinner spread. Spicy, savory, and sweet, elote fulfills the palette so nicely. Check out the full recipe here.
- Frozen Grapes
- Frozen grapes are the perfect refreshing snack for you and your family while you’re on-the-go this summer. Stick your grapes in the freezer overnight, and you’re ready to enjoy them in the morning. Better yet, they are a great way to keep your snacks healthy.
- Avocado Toast
- Avocado toast is another trend that is timeless and always tasty. Whether you are looking for breakfast, lunch, or a midday snack, avocado toast is the perfect option. All you really need is bread, avocado, and your toaster. That being said, the amazing thing about avo toast is that you can add just about anything to it and it will still be delicious. Try adding a sunnyside egg, butter, salt and pepper, and some cayenne to your next avocado toast creation. You will not be sorry.
- Basil Simple Syrup
- Simple syrup is a must for anyone trying to make craft cocktail creations at home. Simple syrup is used as a basic sweetener for cocktails, as well as coffee and tea-based beverages. All you need is basil, sugar, and water to make your very own basil simple syrup. Use it this week to try out a new cocktail or coffee masterpiece. You can get the basil simple syrup recipe and the other divine cocktail recipes here!