Cheers to the end of summer! This Sangria recipe is tasty, sweet, and surprisingly strong — perfect for patio drinking or Sunday brunching. We’re obsessed with the delicious touch our freshly harvested basil and strawberries add to the flavor.
This recipe is a perfect excuse to invite your loved ones over this labor day weekend and enjoy a few fruity cocktails!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle good rose wine
- ½ cup Pom Wonderful pomegranate juice
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- ¼ cup superfine sugar
- 3 Tbsp Grand Marnier
- 1 Tbsp Cognac or brandy
- Water and ice, plus extra ice for serving
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 8 large fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 red plums, pitted and sliced ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
Combine the rose, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, sugar, Grand Marnier, Cognac, water, and ice in a large glass pitcher. Stir in the raspberries, basil, strawberries, and plums and refrigerate for at least four hours or, better yet, overnight.
Serve in a chilled glass over crushed ice, and enjoy!
We hope you absolutely love this sangria recipe! For more drink recipes like this check out our Garden Inspired Cocktails!