Fall is nothing if not the season of pumpkin flavor. Starbucks releases its spice latte, Thanksgiving absolutely requires a pumpkin pie, and we’re devouring these sweet pumpkin pancakes at every meal. With a complex flavor that’s perfectly balanced, this pumpkin pancake recipe produces delicious bites perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert. Don’t hold back — we won’t judge if you eat them all day long.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1½ cups milk
- Preheat griddle or large non-stick skillet to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg together. Then, in a separate medium bowl, whisk both sugars, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, eggs, melted butter, and milk together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. If the batter is lumpy, it’s right — do not over mix! Set the batter aside for 5 minutes.
- Butter your griddle or spray with non-stick cooking spray if desired. Pour ⅓ cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle and spread into a circle. Cook for approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with butter, syrup, whipped cream, nuts, mint or any other favorite topping!
Psst! If you like this pumpkin pancake recipe and you have some leftover pumpkin try this Pumpkin Fries Recipe.