Sweet potatoes, step aside. The new fries of the season are these roasted pumpkin fries. Tender and sweet, roasted pumpkin is complemented perfectly by tangy goat cheese and fresh mint. It’s an ideal recipe for fall!
- 1/2 pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh mint, chopped
- Goat cheese, to garnish
- Preheat your oven broiler to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Peel and slice the pumpkin into long fries — about 1 cm thick.
- Add the olive oil to a bowl with basil and strips of raw pumpkin. Toss well until the pumpkin strips are completely covered with olive oil.
- Place the pumpkin strips on the baking sheet in a single layer. Lightly season them with salt and pepper.
- Bake until pumpkin strips start to brown and get crispy edges. Flip the pumpkin strips over and broil on the other side until crispy.
- Garnish with feta and serve!