There are many ways to season potatoes, but our ultimate favorite is Rosemary & Garlic. This recipe full of fall flavors (and fall crops!) that’ll bring any plain jane potato to its highest flavor capacity. By roasting them, you bring out a tender flavor that works wonders on your taste buds.
- 1 ½ lb small red or white-skinned potatoes (or a mixture)
- ⅛ cup good olive oil
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400° F
- Cut the potatoes in halves or quarters. Place in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary. Toss until coated.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and spread out into 1 layer. Roast in oven until browned and crisp — about 1 hour. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste, and serve with ketchup.
Looking for other fall rosemary recipes? Flip over to the sweet side and try these pumpkin rosemary muffins.