With the introduction of The Mini (our new container garden, sized perfectly for little hands), we thought it’s a perfect opportunity to introduce a strawberry lemonade recipe for kids.
This lavender strawberry lemonade is an elegant take on the children’s favorite (It stops cars right and left at a lemonade stand!) Use your child’s new Mini lavender harvest to create this tasty and tart lemonade recipe for kids.
- A handful of freshly picked lavender sprigs
- 1 cup white, granulated sugar
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 cup of strawberries for garnish
- 1-2 mint leaves
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups cold water
- Remove the flowers from lavender sprigs by cutting.
- Place in a medium bowl, then pour sugar over the flowers.
- Gently rub the flowers into the sugar with fingers.
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water over the lavender sugar and stir with a spoon until sugar melts. Cover and let infuse for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain the lavender-infused simple syrup and pour into a serving pitcher. Stir in the freshly squeezed lemon juice, and add two cups of cold water.
- Then, taste and adjust as you desire. If it’s too sweet, add more lemon juice. If it’s too tart, add sugar. Add ice and more water until it’s concentrated to your taste. Remember, the ice will melt and dilute it further.
- Garnish with thinly sliced lemons, fresh strawberries, and a few lavender sprigs and enjoy!
Try pairing this summer salad with your lavender strawberry lemonade to create an incredible summertime snack.