We had the absolute pleasure to connect with an amazing woman, Taylor Jacobs, author of the FitGirlFood Blog. She’s doing great things and we wanted to share what she had to say, you can find her on social media, @fittgirlfood.
Two weeks ago, I met an amazing company who is working on changing the world through gardening. Their approach is simple – Garden Inspired Living. Making gardening accessible for anyone and every one no matter where you live. I have always grown up with a garden. In the summertime, I always remember running outside and picking out fresh tomatoes and basil for a light summer salad. When I moved to an apartment I longed for something to grow and then I met Gardenuity.
I’ve put together a recipe for you that includes an item that can be grown through your own personal garden from Gardenuity. Check it out!
One Sheet Chicken & Smashed Potatoes
- Place organic fingerling potatoes on a baking sheet for ~30 minutes until they are semi-soft at 400 degrees
- Once the potatoes are done use either a fork or a wire smasher to mash the potatoes down just enough until they mash open
- Season potatoes with salt, pepper, and I used Paleo Powder no-salt seasoning (gives it a little kick)
- Push the potatoes to the side and add chicken to parchment paper
- Season with the above seasoning
- Rearrange the potatoes around the chicken
- Add rosemary from your Gardenuity Garden to the chicken and over the potatoes. This will bring an amazing flavor to your dish.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven for about 20 minutes on 400 degrees and you’ve got yourself some Whole30 approved dinner.
The rosemary brings the perfect flavor to the chicken and the veggies. I love cooking with herbs from my Gardenuity garden because it brings such a fresh taste to your dish. If you’ve never tried it I would 100% recommend. Happy cooking and gardening! #IGrewThat