Cheers to the holidays!
What better way to ring in the greetings of the season than with some fun and festive cocktails? During a time of year that welcomes in joy, gratitude, and community, a celebratory spirit and spirits are essential. It is time to bring out your martini glasses, bar cart, and booze, because we are serving up a delicious holiday cocktail you must try for a smashing success!
Holiday SangriaCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
Credit: The Modern Proper
1 bottle of red wine
1 cup brandy
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups cranberries
1 orange, sliced
1 apple, cubed
2-3 cinnamon sticks
4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
1 bottle sparkling apple cider, chilled
Equal parts cinnamon and sugar, for rimming the glasses (optional)
Maple syrup or honey for rimming the glasses (optional)
- In a large pitcher, combine the red wine, brandy, sugar, cranberries, oranges, apples, cinnamon sticks, star anise and rosemary. Mix well, cover and place in the refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to come together.
- Just before serving add the sparkling apple cider, stir to combine. Serve over ice, in a glass rimmed with a mix of cinnamon and sugar, garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Rimming Your Glasses:
- Mix equal parts cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and spread it out evenly on a small plate. On a second small plate, pour out some maple syrup or honey.
- Dip the edge of your glass in the honey or syrup and then press the rim of your glass into the sugar mixture.
- Fill the glass with ice and carefully pour the sangria without hitting the side of the glass, garnish with rosemary and serve.