Couscous is a favorite of ours for its versatility. It is a great change of pace from pasta or rice and the perfect way to bring out fresh flavors from your herb garden. We serve it cold or warm, either way, it works as the main attraction or a side dish.
This Herb and Lemon Couscous Recipe is perfect for an Easter Brunch or really any get-together. This specific recipe makes 6 servings with each serving having only 300 Calories – making it a healthy choice.
Some of the shining ingredients in this herb and lemon couscous recipe are the fresh herbs & lemon. The zest of the lemon pairs perfectly with the fresh herbs creating a flavorful dish or side.
Herb and Lemon CouscousCourse: Brunch, Main, SideCuisine: MoroccanDifficulty: Easy
A fresh taste with lots of flavor, this couscous recipe makes 6 servings and is perfect for an Easter Brunch!
2 cups of couscous
3 cups of chicken broth or vegetable broth
3 tbsp lemon olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
Juice from a lemon
4 tbs freshly chopped basil, thyme or parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse couscous under cold water until water runs clear
- Over medium heat, bring broth to a boil and add couscous, then cover and remove from heat. Let this sit for 10 minutes.
- Add oil, lemon juice, and your favorite herb.
- Season with salt, pepper.
- If you are looking to make this a main dish top it with grilled salmon or chicken.