The cat is out of the grow bag – we do love our herb gardens here at Gardenuity. Truly, what’s not to love? By choosing to grow an herb garden at home, you are adopting a greener and fresher lifestyle that trickles down into everything you do.
Nurturing an herb garden is a mindful way to encourage a practice of wellness in your life. Gardening is a practice that is grounding, balancing, and meditative; spending time in your garden gives you the chance to focus on discipline and routine, while also providing you with a gentle opportunity to decompress, reconnect, and celebrate success throughout your day.
Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of starting an herb garden at home – you’ll be surprised to see that spending time in your garden has much more to do with just the growth of your plants.
Why You Should Grow Herbs at Home
- Safe & Fresh Produce
- In today’s world, you never quite know where your herbs and veggies are coming from, unless you buy directly from the farm or the farmer. Unfortunately, the term “organic” is becoming less and less equivalent to “healthy”. We learned this from the midwestern Pumpkin Queen herself, Sarah Frey, in an interview this past November. One of the best ways to ensure that you and your family are consuming clean and pesticide-free herbs is to grow them yourself! You can do this all year round when you use our grow bags and Grow Pro Garden Match features.
- Adopt a Ritual
- Finding a ritual that is fulfilling and beneficial for you is imperative to having a successful day. Whether this ritual happens in the morning, noon, or night, find a way to consistently set your intentions throughout your day. Tending to a garden is a wonderful way to bring a ritual into your life; try spending 15 minutes at the start of each day taking care of your garden. Your morning routine will never be more grounding.
- Herbal Remedies
- Herbal remedies are a fantastic and holistic way to help your mind and body stay on track. Herbs are most commonly used to remedy inflammation, insomnia, and stress relief, however, their medicinal properties extend far beyond just these three areas. To learn more about how having an herb garden increases your general health and wellness, take a look at this article.
- Create New Habits
- Starting an herb garden is a gateway to reduced stress and a more clear mind. By choosing to adopt gardening as a habit, you are also choosing to live a more calm, intentional, and happy life. Reconnect to yourself and your flow by using your gardening habits as a meditative practice.
- Take a Deep Breath
- Spending time in your garden is the perfect way to escape from the chaos of the world and take a deep breath. A moment alone is invaluable amidst a never-ending cycle of going from Point A to Point B; taking time to yourself is not selfish, and in fact, by doing so you are creating space to be more available for yourself and others.
Get Started Today
There’s no time like the present to welcome all of these phenomenal benefits into your home and daily routine. If you need a little help getting started, take a look at our Complete Guide to Herb Gardening for Beginners to learn everything you need to know. Happy gardening!