Enjoy your fresh cucumbers with this Mediterranean-inspired salad. With touches of dill and lemon, this recipe infuses your favorite, crunchy vegetables with intense flavor. Alongside a hummus pita pocket or meat kebab, this salad makes for a delicious and incredibly healthy side!
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, full fat
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the red onion, olive oil, vinegar, and oregano, and let marinate at room temperature while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Place the sliced cucumbers into a large salad bowl. Then, in a separate bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the yogurt mix and marinated onions to the cucumbers. Toss everything together, and taste test for additional seasonings.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving.