If you’re looking for quick ways to add fresh flavor to your meals, look no further than this garlic parmesan and basil butter recipe. It’s an easy way to use all your fresh basil harvests, plus it tastes delicious on roasted veggies, toast, in mashed potatoes, and more.
Despite its high-end flavor, it’s an extraordinarily simple recipe to make. Simply mix unsalted butter, basil, garlic, parmesan, and a bit of salt together.
- Ditch the parmesan for a longer-lasting butter. If you’re not sure you can use all the butter within three days, don’t add the parmesan. This will help the flavor stay fresh for just a little bit longer.
- Alter amounts to your taste. Once you feel comfortable with the recipe, alter the amounts of each ingredient to suit your taste! Want more basil? Less garlic? You find your perfect balance and get creative in the kitchen.
- Harvest your basil and garlic fresh. If it’s an option for you, growing your fresh basil and garlic will increase the flavor of your recipe. While you may be able to get away with store-bought garlic, herbs taste way when freshly harvested. If buying from the store, buy fresh and organic, and use immediately.
Garlic Parmesan Butter Recipe with BasilCourse: CondimentsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This Garlic, Basil, & Parmesan Butter Recipe is a great way to bring flavor to any dish. You can use it as a spread on bread or melt it for a dip, either way it’s always delicious.
1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
¼ cup Grated Parmesan
¼ cup Finely Chopped Basil
1 Small Clove Garlic Minced
1 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- Mash together the butter, parmesan, fresh Basil, salt and garlic in a bowl.
- Form and cover with plastic. Refrigerate for up to 3 days, and let come to room temperature before using.
Other Recipes Like This
If you have a plethora of herbs you’re not sure what to do with, get creative! Here’s how to make herb-infused butter with whatever ingredients you have on hand.