Brussels Sprouts are the trendy vegetable right now, and for good reason. Take this veggie to the next step with dried cranberries, a sweet balsamic glaze, and candied jalapeños in this magnificent recipe. It’s a delicious, healthy side dish to any meal, bringing the sweet and heat to the table.
Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Candied Jalapeños
3 pounds of brussels sprouts
½ cup olive oil
½ cup sugar
¾ cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup dried cranberries
¼ cup candied jalapeño peppers
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Cut the brussel sprouts in half and trim. Arrange on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil.
- Roast until brown — about 30 minutes.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and cook until thick
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the roasted sprouts. Sprinkle on the dried cranberries and jalapeños to finish.