This superfood salad is as sweet as it is nutritious. With blueberries and apples atop spinach, this recipe is packed with fiber, antioxidants, and all of the goodness in leafy green.
With a bit of feta cheese and homemade balsamic vinaigrette to finish it off, this salad is a well-balanced and flavorful treat.
It’s a great salad to whip up for a perfect lunch meal or a side salad!
Blueberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic VinegarCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
Blueberries, apples, cabbage, feta cheese, and spinach make up this nutritious salad. Topped with a sweet balsamic vinaigrette, it’s an absolute treat for the taste buds!
- For the salad:
4 cups spinach
1 apple, thinly sliced
½ cup blueberries
½ cup strawberries
3 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
- For the balsamic vinegar:
½ cup olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
- Make the balsamic vinaigrette:
- Combine garlic, shallot, honey, dijon mustard, and olive oil to a jar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Replace lid on jar and shake vigorously before serving.
- Combine the salad:
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl. Toss with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Divide between two bowl and serve!