If you’re like me, you love the idea of a home-cooked meal, but when it comes to actually turn on the oven or stove, it seems like a bit of a hassle. With these delicious no-cook recipes, there’s no stove, oven, broiler, grill, or even microwave required, but you’ll get all the same complex flavor and deep satisfaction you get from a home-cooked meal — just without the cooking.
Tomato Avocado Sandwich
Everyone’s agreed on one thing: tomatoes and avocados are good apart, but they’re better together. This no-cook veggie sandwich is the freshest we’ve found in a long time. With an unique texture and vibrant flavor with every bite, you won’t register that you cooked nothing.
- 3 slices ripe tomato
- ½ avocado
- 1-2 Tbsp hummus
- Handful of sprouts
- 2 slices rye or multigrain bread
Spread hummus on one slice of bread. Layer sliced avocado, sliced tomato, and sprouts. Then, top with the second slice of bread and pin with a sandwich skewer for transport.
Greek Yogurt, Dill, Cucumber, and Onion Side
Enjoy your fresh cucumbers with this Mediterranean-inspired salad. With touches of dill and lemon, this recipe infuses your favorite, crunchy vegetables with intense flavor. Alongside a hummus pita pocket or meat kebab, this recipe makes for a delicious and incredibly healthy side!
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, full fat
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the red onion, olive oil, vinegar, and oregano, and let marinate at room temperature while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Place the sliced cucumbers into a large salad bowl. Then, in a separate bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the yogurt mix and marinated onions to the cucumbers. Toss everything together, and taste test for additional seasonings.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before serving.
Crunchy Garden Salad
We know, we know: many salads are no-cook recipes. But this Crunchy Garden Salad is worth including. It’s complex enough to feel restaurant-worthy and simple enough you’ll make it again and again.
- Romaine Lettuce
- Onion Sprouts
- Sunflower Seeds
- Start by chopping 3 large romaine leaves to create your salad base.
- Skin your large carrot and peel using a Julienne Peeler.
- Chop your cucumbers and mushrooms and add all other ingredients to a large salad bowl.
- Toss with your favorite dressing, season to your liking, and enjoy!
Sometimes it’s just nice to side-step the stove and still get a delicious homemade meal out of your efforts. Send us your favorite no-cook recipes! We’re always looking for more deliciousness in our lives.
Cooking is hard. Check out these three easy ways to use fresh herbs without lifting a finger in the kitchen.