With its floral-citrus aroma and taste, lemon verbena is a wonderful accent to deserts, pestos and cocktails alike. As a wanna-be chef, this special herb has made its way into a myriad of my recipes. One of my favorites is Lemon Verbena pesto over zucchini noodles. After all, zucchini is the easy-to-grow green gem of the garden, and what better herb to pair with it than lemon verbena?
We hope you enjoy this zucchini noodle with lemon verbena and basil pesto recipe as much as we do!
- 4 zucchini
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup lemon verbena leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Use a peeler to slice the zucchini into noodles.
- Set aside.
- Combine the basil, garlic, and lemon verbena in a food processor, and pulse until chopped.
- Add in the olive oil and blend.
- Add the lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. (This is your pesto.)
- Combine the zucchini noodles and pesto, toss until zucchini are well coated, and garnish with additional Lemon Verbena leaves.