Detoxes are a wonderful way to start afresh. Our favorite for the winter? Detox soup! A good detox will let your organs rest through minimal fasting, stimulate the liver to drive toxins from your body, improve blood circulation, and refuel your body with healthy, life-giving nutrients.
Buuut chances are, you’ve mostly had detoxes that taste like puréed celery and lemon juice. GOOD NEWS: This detox soup is absolutely delicious (and works on your favorite detox diet). With fresh carrots, kale, and thyme, it’s a flavorful and cozy soup you’ll be craving on and off your detox.
- 1 cloves garlic
- ½ cup of onion
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 4 cups carrots
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cup (packed) kale
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp finely chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Dice carrots and onion and slice kale into thin strips.
- Place garlic, onion, and olive oil in a soup pot and sauté until onions are soft. Add kale, salt, and pepper and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Add carrots, thyme, vegetable broth, and chickpeas.
- Bring soup to a boil. Then, reduce to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes to steam until veggies are soft.
- Remove from heat, let cool, and blend until creamy. Serve and enjoy your detox soup!