This flavorful recipe is a tomato season favorite. Ricotta tomato toast is a quick and easy meal, perfect for taking on the go — for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Fresh basil + juicy tomatoes + slightly sweet ricotta = a dreamy flavor balance.
- 4 slices crusty bread
- ½ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 basil leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lightly toast bread.
- Spread 2 Tbsp ricotta on each toast slice and scatter cherry tomato halves over the ricotta.
- Drizzle each toast slice with a ½ tsp extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly—about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Top with 2 basil leaves per slice.
Psst! If you are a fan of basil check out these Basil Recipes!