Sage, Garlic & Butter- what could be better!
Brown Sage Butter & Garlic Sauce PastaDifficulty: Medium
Brown butter and fresh sage create a rich sauce that makes for a perfect pasta topping
½ cup unsalted butter
14 sage leaves
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic
12 ounces spaghetti
Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Creating the Sauce
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until the butter turns carmel brown, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and sage leaves and fry until crispy, about 15 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sage to paper towel to drain.
- Cook panko and 4 sage leaves in the same skillet with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Cook for 2 minutes until the mixture is toasty.
- Cooking Pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Creating the Dish
- Add the remaining brown sage butter to skillet, add pasta and simmer.
- Flavor with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with generous shavings of Parmesan.