Nothing screams summer like a chilled glass of tart, homemade lemonade — poolside and in sunglasses, obviously. Our preferred drink of the summer is this elegant lavender lemonade. This recipe adds a floral touch to the sweet classic.
Spiked or not, you’ll have a drink worth sipping on!
- A handful of freshly picked lavender sprigs
- 1 cup white, granulated sugar
- 2 cups of boiling water
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups cold water
- Remove the flowers from lavender sprigs by cutting.
- Place in a medium bowl, then pour sugar over the flowers.
- Gently rub the flowers into the sugar with fingers.
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water over the lavender sugar and stir with a spoon until sugar melts. Cover and let infuse for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain the lavender-infused simple syrup and pour into a serving pitcher. Stir in the freshly squeezed lemon juice, and add two cups of cold water.
- Then, taste and adjust as you desire. If it’s too sweet, add more lemon juice. If it’s too tart, add sugar. Add ice and more water until it’s concentrated to your taste. Remember, the ice will melt and dilute it further.
- Garnish with thinly sliced lemons and a few lavender sprigs.
- Enjoy your homemade Lavender Lemonade.