The Ice Cream Sundae is a simple dessert that no one can complain about. Our favorite take on this diner classic is a Hot Mint Fudge Ice Cream Sundae — complete with homemade mint sugar, silky mint fudge sauce, and your favorite mint cookies.
Trust us, the key to any good ice cream sundae lies in the chocolate sauce, and our hot mint fudge sauce is absolutely divine. Throw it over your favorite ice cream, garnish with mint sugar and fresh mint leaves, and enjoy!
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup of water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 2 Tbsp sliced fresh mint leaves plus fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- 1-pint vanilla ice cream
- 1-pint vanilla (or mint chip) ice cream
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Stir first 4 ingredients and 1 Tbsp sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until chocolate is melted and smooth. Bring just to boil and then immediately remove from heat. Add unsweetened chocolate and extract and stir until smooth. Set mint-fudge sauce aside.
- Toss remaining 1 Tbsp sugar and sliced mint in a small bowl. Set mint sugar aside.
- Place a small scoop of vanilla ice cream in each dish. Drizzle 1 to 2 Tbsp mint fudge sauce over each. Top with whipped cream, Oreo cookies, or whatever toppings your heart desires. Garnish with mint sugar and mint sprigs to finish it off!
Psst! If you are a chocolate and mint lover, take a look at our Chocolate & Mint Pairings!