Grapefruit and sage is a fresh flavor combination just right for spring. If champagne is not your thing or you want to include your little ones, just substitute Topo Chico or ginger ale.
This chilled cocktail’s fizz contains delicious hints of tart citrus and warm, astringent sage.
Light and refreshing, this recipe will be the star of your morning, weekend brunch or even a virtual happy hour.
Pair it with eggs and waffles in the morning or hummus and fresh bread in the afternoon.
Grapefruit & Sage Champagne Cocktail RecipeCourse: CocktailDifficulty: Easy
The Pink Grapefruit Cocktail is filled with flavor & Included is a Sage Simple Syrup Recipe. Enjoy!
- For the Simple Syrup:
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
2 bunches fresh sage leaves
- For the Cocktail:
Pink grapefruit juice
Sage simple syrup
Champagne or other sparkling white wine (For a Mocktail Substitute Topo Chico)
Fresh sage leaves
- Simple Syrup
- To make the simple syrup, combine the sugar and water over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture starts to simmer and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in the two bunches fresh sage and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Set aside and let cool.
- Once the syrup is room temperature, remove and discard the sage. Transfer the simple syrup to a clean re-sealable container, and store it in your refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- Single Cocktail
- For a single cocktail, vigorously shake 3 oz (6 Tbsp) grapefruit juice, 1½ oz (3 Tbsp) of sage simple syrup, and 2-3 dashes of bitters in a shaker with ice.
- Strain into a glass with fresh ice.
- Top with ½ cup champagne.
- Garnish with fresh sage leaves and serve immediately.