This homemade flatbread has delicious flavor baked into the dough. With rosemary, thyme, and garlic seasoning, these flatbreads are delicious snacks or the perfect base to turn into a full-blown meal.
Make a personal pizza on top, simply toast and chow down, or enjoy room temperature. They’re absolutely worth the trouble.
Rosemary and Thyme Garlic FlatbreadCourse: MainCuisine: VeganDifficulty: Medium
Rosemary, thyme, and garlic come together to flavor the perfect flatbread. With a flavor subtle enough to work with toppings but strong enough to enjoy alone, this is a useful recipe to have for everyday living.
1 packet active dry yeast
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ Tbsp rosemary, minced
½ Tbsp thyme, minced
1 ¼ cup All-purpose flour
¾ cup spelt flour
½ tsp organic cane sugar
¾ cup warm water
1 Tbsp olive oil
¾ tsp sea salt
- Add yeast, garlic, herbs, sea salt, organic cane sugar, all-purpose flour,and spelt flour to a large mixing bowl. Mix.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Add olive oil and 2/3 of the warm water to begin. Stir to mix, adding more water as needed until a dough forms.
- Move dough to a well-floured surface and knead about 2 minutes — until smooth and elastic. (Add more flour to prevent sticking.)
- Add a bit of oil to a mix bowl. Roll dough around to coat it. Position seam-side down in bowl, cover with a damp towel, and set to rise. Leave for 1 hour.
- Once doubled in size, cut dough into 6 even pieces. Lay damp towel on top of separate pieces and let rest.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Flour a surface. Roll each piece of dough into a large circle that’s less than 1/8th inch thick (but thicker than a piece of paper).
- Grease skillet and lay flatbread on it. Cook for 2.5 minutes. Then ,flip and cook for 2.5 minutes more. Repeat, adding oil to surface as needed until flatbread is completely cooked.