Food is an important part of American tradition. So it stands that on July Fourth, we’re celebrating with delicious eats. One of our Gardenuity team members is an ultra-fabulous cook and created these delicious & easy Fourth of July recipes, complete with festive classics. It’s a menu ready to be enjoyed by your whole Independence Day party.
When it comes to Fourth of July recipes, you have to have a cheeseburger. After all, it’s the American classic, right? This recipe is no-fuss and absolutely mouth-watering. Add whatever toppings you prefer — lettuce, tomato, onions, etc. We kept it classic this year with mayo, bacon, and cheese!
For the burger patties:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500 grams minced beef
- Large handful fresh parsley finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1-2 tsp salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
For the cheeseburgers:
- 4 slices American or Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked to your preference
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- 4 butter-toasted bread rolls
- Place onion in a large frying pan with a splash of olive oil until golden brown. Add garlic and fry for another 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Mix the cooled onions with the beef, parsley, breadcrumbs, egg, salt, and pepper. To test the seasoning, fry a teaspoon of the mixture and taste. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Divide the mixture into 5 or 6 pieces, and form patties with wet hands. Place on a tray lined with baking paper and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- When the patties have rested, heat a large cast iron pan/griddle pan until hot. Cook the burgers to your preference.
- Remove from the heat, top with the cheese, and cover with foil for 2 minutes.
- Top the burger with the toppings of your choice, and enjoy!
Home Style Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potato fries are the new go-to sidekick for any burger. Their crunch boasts of sweet flavor the whole family will love. Dip them in ketchup, chipotle mayo, or barbecue sauce.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Position rack in the upper third of love and preheat to 425° F. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place sweet potatoes and vegetable oil in a large bowl and shake lightly until coated. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Arrange cut potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet, being careful not to overlap. Bake until tender and golden brown — about 18 to 24 minutes.
Berries & Cream Popsicles
After a savory meal like that, you need to finish off with something light and festive! These popsicles are both. Made with honey and greek yogurt, they’re a healthy dessert perfect for the occasion. The kiddos will especially adore them.
- 1 ½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 5 Tbsp honey, divided
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- ¾ cup milk
- Mix yogurt, 3 Tbsp honey, and vanilla together and place in the fridge.
- Alternate spooning yogurt mixture and berries into ice pop molds. Freeze for 1-2 hours, add the sticks, and continue freezing until solid.
With recipes like these, we can’t wait to buckle down and get celebrating. What’s your favorite Fourth of July recipe? @gardenuity