With sparkling drinks on the rise, join the trend with this tart Fizzy Rhubarb Cocktail.
Tangy and sweet, this is a bubbly mix that fulfills all your rhubarb dreams.
It’s the perfect mocktail for family gatherings and relaxing in the sun—made for floating in the clouds.
- 1 lb rhubarb, sliced into ¼ inch semicircles
- 2 cups light agave nectar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- Sparkling water
- Sprigs of fresh thyme and kumquat slices for garnish
- To make syrup, combine sliced rhubarb and agave in a medium mixing bowl.
- Cover and let sit at room temperature for 48-72 hours.
- Strain, reserving syrup. Add apple cider vinegar to the liquid. (More vinegar is tangier—adjust the amount to your preference.)
- Transfer syrup to a lidded container, and keep in the refrigerator.
- Combining 3-4 portions sparkling water to 1 portion of syrup.
- Dilute or concentrate to your preference. Serve over ice.
- Garnish with kumquat slices and thyme!
If you like this Fizzy Rhubarb Cocktail then you will love these summer cocktail recipes.