These Ginger Cookies are so easy to make, they smell incredible, and taste even better! Easy Ginger Cookies work anytime of the year, but they always smell a little like the holiday season.
If you are looking for a quick, easy, delicious homemade treat then this recipe is for you!
Easy Ginger CookiesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
These Ginger Cookies are easy to make, ship and always a family favorite.
¾ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
¼ cup molasses
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar until combined. Add the egg and molasses and beat until completely mixed.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt and add to the cream mixture.
- Roll the dough into small balls, about 1” diameter. Roll the balls in sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten the balls with your fingertips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
If you are looking for another great holiday dessert recipe be sure to check out our Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe (it’s a little more difficult).