This corn and zucchini salad recipe is the sweetest salad we know. A touch of basil and parsley, a splash of red pepper flakes, and just a touch of feta cheese cuts the sweetness and adds a complexity of flavor you won’t be able to walk away from.
First, cook the corn (or use frozen) and let cool. Then, cut up the zucchini and throw all the ingredients together. Toss to combine. Sprinkle feta cheese over the top and garnish with a bit of extra herbs. Serve cool!
Tips to Make a Better Salad
- Use fresh corn if possible. You can also use canned or frozen corn, but these are typically sweetened ahead of time, which may overpower the other flavors.
- Use freshly harvested herbs if possible! Herbs taste best when they’re homegrown and just harvested. If you don’t have an herb garden, be sure to buy extra fresh at the grocery store and use it quickly.
- Wait to put the feta cheese on until eating. Only put the feta cheese on directly what you’re eating. It’s easier to store and lasts longer!
Corn and Zucchini Salad with FetaCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Fresh corn, zucchini, and fresh basil make up this delicious cool salad. Add a bit of feta cheese on top!
4 Ears of Fresh Corn, Husked, Kernels Removed
4 Small Zucchini Thinly Sliced Lengthwise
¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
1/3 Cup Olive Oil
¼ Cup White Wine Vinegar
½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook corn in boiling salted water for two minutes.
- Drain in colander and let cool.
- In a bowl, add zucchini, corn, basil, parsley, oil, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine ingredients.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over mixture.
- If fresh ears of corn are not available, consider using frozen or canned corn. You will need 3 cups of corn for this recipe.
Store in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. It’s best if the feta cheese is not on it yet!