January is a great time of year to experiment with new recipes for soups and stews. It is cold and windy outside, the charm of the holiday season has come and gone, and we are all anxiously awaiting the warmer months.
Well, summer is still a long way away, so let’s bring a little bit of warmth to our bellies in lieu of the warmth of the sun. Let’s face it, there is nothing better than a hearty bowl of soup to provide some warmth to the head and the heart. Another reason to love soup season is the ease and simplicity of throwing delicious vegetables and herbs in a pot to create a dynamic and delicious meal.
This recipe is no different. Easy, hearty, and protein-packed, this Chickpea Zucchini Stew is truly a one-pot wonder.
Chickpea Zucchini StewCourse: Garden-Inspired Recipes u0026amp; CookingDifficulty: Medium
1 Clove of Garlic
1 Can of Chickpeas
4 Zucchinis (Diced)
1 Jar of Marinara Sauce
A Pinch of Salt
A Dash of Garlic Powder
- Put a splash of olive oil in a large pot on medium high heat.
- Once the pot warms, add the diced onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add chickpeas and zucchini to the pot. Cook for several minutes.
- Pour in an entire jar of marinara sauce and stir.
- Cover and simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Once zucchini can be punctured easily with a fork, the stew is ready.
- Add in fresh oregano, garlic powder, and salt to taste.
- Serve over rice or on its own.