There’s no better way to enjoy the weekend summer sun than brunch with friends and family. We have a few tips and tricks that will bring your celebration to a new level.
From great food to a beautiful table setting, creating a brunch to remember is easy with these brunch hosting tips.
SET THE TABLE
It’s all in the details. So take the time to notice the details and have fun! Use your favorite colors, be creative on a centerpiece, and bring in freshness from the garden when possible.
For a great centerpiece, try a bouquet! One of our favorite tablescape options is a bouquet of freshly harvested herbs. Mint, thyme, and basil are absolutely stunning (and smell so so good). Alternatively, you can add your fresh herbs to floral bunches, which brings a fresh scent to the table.
For other pieces, check out Pepper Home. Some of our favorite decór items come from this company. We are especially partial to the Balzary collection. It’s bright, happy, and speaks to maximalists and minimalists alike.
Another favorite decór piece is the Mercer Square Dinner Plate from Crate and Barrel. The contemporary design is a fantastic fusion of refinement and simplicity. It’s the perfect way to show off your menu selections, making it a staple for every brunch.
DISCOVER YOUR MENU
When it comes to brunch menus, you have
When figuring out your menu, think about who your guests will be. Do they have any food favorites? Allergies? Preferences? We always have a fresh fruit option (it looks as pretty as it tastes). Then, a tray of fresh bread, scones, and muffins is always a treat and will keep guests lingering long after the hot dishes are served.
Whatever you create, find a menu that YOU love. Ultimately, you’re inviting people into your home, so give them a sense of who you are!
Some of our favorite recipes come from Ina Garten and include Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts, Potato Basil Frittata, and Strawberry Pancakes. Top it off with bagels, smoked salmon, and dill cream cheese et voila! You’re a dream brunch host(ess).
PSST! Try to make as much as possible the night before! This will keep your morning load light, easy, and stress-free.
SETUP THE BAR
It’s not brunch if there aren’t drinks. An open bar is a fun and versatile option, but bringing in a signature cocktail for the occasion is a great way to rise and shine as a host. We especially love having the fresh herb cocktail garden as part of the bar cart setup. It engages conversation and lets everyone become their own mixologist!
Our favorite signature cocktail for the season is the LESS MONDAY, MORE SUMMER COCKTAIL. It brings together pineapple, cilantro, serrano peppers, and tequila. It’s a summer sensation!
BRUNCH HOSTING TIP: Always have fresh juice available as part of the bar menu.
FIND THAT EXTRA TOUCH
This is the brunch hosting tip that will take your party to the next level and de-stress the host(ess)’s experience. Hosting can be easy and laid-back if you find the right “extra touch” to wow your guests.
Here are a few fun ideas to consider.
- Send your guests home with a party favor! Send them home with a fresh herb plant for garnishing and a recipe card of the brunch cocktail.
- Use place cards. Be considerate when setting the table and place people next to each other you think will really click.
- Use your nice crystal. It is not doing any good in your china cabinet — the beautiful stemware is meant to be enjoyed!
- Don’t forget the rest of the house. Specifically, your guests will be using the bathroom. Put a nice-smelling candle in the powder room and use quality hand towels. A little goes a long way here.
- Let the playlist set the tone of the day. Spotify and Apple music have a lot of curated playlists for specific events, but don’t be afraid to pull out your favorite albums and your record player!