Berry milkshakes instantly take us back to fifties diners: extra thick, bright pink, and consumed through a cherry red straw. This Berry Mint Milkshake retains all the charm of the ’50s but is elevated by a sweet minty twist. Don’t worry — it’s as easy to make as any milkshake.
You can use any berries you like, but we settled on a raspberry and blackberry combination. Their tartness set off the mint perfectly.
- 1 cup berries of your choice (if using strawberries, chop up to measure.)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream, about 1 ½ cups total
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Set aside 4 berries.
- Add the remaining berries, sugar, and mint to the blender. Puree until smooth.
- Add the ice cream and milk, and process until the shake has reached your desired consistency.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses and garnish with the reserved berries.
- Serve immediately.