With apples, cinnamon, cider, and rosemary, this hot sangria cocktail is a warmly flavored concoction perfect for entertaining chilly nights. It’s a delicious and unique taste on the sweet classic sangria and a beautiful way to enjoy wine.
Warm Sangria Cocktail With Apples, Wine, Cranberry, & RosemaryDifficulty: Easy
This warm cocktail is a twist on the classic sangria, featuring sweet and woodsy flavors and a fresh herbal touch. It’s a simple recipe for sipping on chilly evenings.
1.5 cups apple cider
Rind of one lemon cut into strips
1 apple, sliced thin
1/2 cup honey
1 bottle light red wine
2 cinnamon sticks
¼ cup fresh cranberries
Rosemary for garnish
1 star anise
¼ cup brandy or amaretto
- Infuse the cider with the spices and lemon rind and let simmer (covered) for 30 minutes on low.
- Prepare serving glasses with apple slices.
- Take cider off the heat and let cool until it is no longer scalding.
- Add the honey and hard alcohol.
- Stir well and fill each serving glass ⅓ of the way with this mixture.
- Top off with red wine.