Tomatoes are full of sweet flavor, especially when homegrown and sun-ripened. Pairing fresh tomatoes with Ricotta intensifies the two ingredients’ flavors, and makes for an ideal plate for any gathering—either as the main course at a cocktail party or as an appetizer.
Try this Tomato Ricotta Bruschetta as a mouthwatering side to a bowl of soup or a large salad.
- Fresh tomatoes, cut
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb fresh ricotta cheese
- 8 slices of country bread, thick and toasted
- Basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes with the garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Season with the salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Place the tomatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes until they are lightly caramelized.
- Spread the ricotta on the pieces of toast and top with the tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
If you love this Tomato Ricotta Bruschetta Recipe try pairing it with a summer cocktail!