As much as we love the classics, you have to experiment a little, right? This sweet recipe is a unique take on the classic salsa: strawberry salsa. If adding fruit into the mix throws you off, don’t be fooled — it’s absolutely delicious.
With sweet basil & strawberries, spicy jalapeños, and a touch of acidity from lemon juice, this unique take on salsa is a wonderful dip for chips or sweet topping for fish. Or…drink it by the gallon — like us.
Strawberry Salsa RecipeCourse: SideCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
This unique salsa recipe is sweet with a kick. It’s easy to make too. Serve to a group or make as a snack – either way people are sure to love this salsa twist!
¼ oz balsamic vinegar
½ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp chopped garlic
12 fresh strawberries, diced (about 2 cups)
½ Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp chopped basil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups of chopped tomatoes
¼ cup freshly chopped jalapeño peppers
- In a large bowl, mix together the vinegar, honey, salt, and garlic until well combined.
- Add the diced strawberries, basil, jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, and lemon juice into the mixture.
- Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Chill the mixture for 30 minutes at least prior to serving.
- Serve and enjoy this uniquely exciting strawberry salsa recipe with all your loved ones!
Need a cocktail to join the snacking party? Try this homemade jalapeño margarita!