The Italian classic: PESTO. It’s my favorite sauce in the cookbook. This Oregano Pesto is an exciting twist on the basil pesto we’re all familiar with.
This recipe has deep, Mediterranean flavors and basically tastes delicious on anything.
To begin, try it atop toast, pasta, scrambled eggs, and roasted cauliflower.
Oregano Pesto RecipeCourse: CondimentCuisine: MediterraneanDifficulty: Easy
This Oregano Pesto Recipe is a great way to spice up any dish. It’s our favorite sauce and there’s a reason for it!
½ cup oregano leaves, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 anchovy, chopped
¾ cup raw pistachios, chopped
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
¾ cup olive oil
Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay pistachios flat on a baking sheet and toast for 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- In a food processor, combine the toasted pistachios, garlic, anchovy, oregano, and lemon juice. Pulse together.
- Add olive oil to mixture and pulse to create pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- Viola! You have Oregano Pesto!
If you enjoy creating your own culinary dishes and giving the standard dish a bit of a twist be sure to check out our Culinary Herb Garden.