This Classic Mint Julep Recipe is a crowd favorite & not to mention refreshing. The fresh Mint makes the drink taste so fresh. Whether it be a sunny day or the end of a long day this drink is sure to please.
The Classic Mint JulepCourse: DrinksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A classic cocktail recipe: The Mint Julep – It’s a classic for a reason.
- For the Cocktail:
10-12 mint leaves
¼ oz. Turbinado Syrup
2 oz. bourbon
Mint sprig and powdered sugar, for garnish
- For the Turbinado Syrup:
Raw, unrefined sugar
- Turbinado Syrup:
- Heat two parts sugar to one part water in a saucepan over medium heat until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and chill.
- Mint Julep:
- Add the mint leaves and the turbinado syrup to a glass. Lightly muddle.
- Add the bourbons and fill ¾ of the cup with crushed ice. Stir 10–12 times with a bar spoon to dilute.
- Once diluted, remove spoon, add a straw and top off your cocktail with a small dome of crushed ice.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a dust of powdered sugar.