Grown up lemonade is the perfect way to refresh this summer with friends. One of our favorite batch cocktails is Lemon Verbena lemonade – it’s fresh, simple and can be easily adapted as a mocktail.
A little about Lemon Verbena- Lemon Verbena is a lemon-scented leafy green herb that thrives during the warm summer months. The spear-shaped leaves grow quickly and will replenish after each harvest throughout the growing season. Lemon Verbena presents a strong “lemony” scent that comes alive once picked, crushed or sniffed.
Lemon Verbena Lemonade RecipeCourse: CocktailsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Medium
The secret here is the Lemon Verbena Simple Syrup (instructions provided). This big batch cocktail recipe works great as a mocktail too just add or subtract the vodka!
2 cups Vodka
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup fresh lime juice
1 ½ cups lemon verbena simple syrup*
3 cups sparkling water
Lemon slices for garnish
- Lemon Verbena Simple Syrup
- Combine 1 cup sugar, 6-8 Lemon Verbena leaves, and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When the sugar is dissolved, turn off the heat, cover and let infuse for at least 1 hour. Once the mixture is cooled to room temperature, store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Lemon Verbena Lemonade Cocktail
- When you are ready to serve, pour over ice-filled glasses and garnish with a sprig of lemon verbena leaf and a slice of sugar-coated lemon.
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, stir well and place in the fridge to chill.