This apple cider cocktail is for cold days by the fire or holidays with loved ones. Created with a homemade mulled cider, bourbon, and fresh herbs, this drink is everything you need for the holiday season.
As the holidays are approaching the days are getting shorter and the temperatures are dropping people seem to get together and spend time with those they cherish.
And usually, these get-togethers are accompanied by a cocktail.
One of our favorites is the Hot Apple Cider Cocktail with Bourbon, so we thought we’d share it for this Holiday Season.
We hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we have! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Hot Apple Cider CocktailDifficulty: Easy
Oh so comforting on a cold day or when you find yourself surrounded by your favorite people celebrating the holidays. This special drink is well worth the work that goes into making the mulled cider.
8 cups of apple cider (We love the Trader Joes brand)
2 cinnamon sticks
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 cup of your favorite Bourbon
8 slices of lemon
8 sprigs of Rosemary
Sugar to rim the glass (optional)
- Mulled Cider
- Place the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, orange juice, cloves in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer for 5-10 Minutes.
- Remove from the heat and strain.
- Creating the Cocktail
- Rim your glass with sugar (optional)
- Add 1 shot of bourbon and 1 cup of the cider mix
- Garnish with an orange or lemon slice and a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Serve Hot & Enjoy!
- You can make this recipe inside a slow cooker too. Just add the alcohol after!