Guacamole is an absolute must if you pull out tortilla chips. Or fajitas, or toast, or carrot sticks. This recipe keeps it classic and simple. The freshly-harvested cilantro cinches the deal, lending a fresh citrusy kick to your favorite dip.
Add Guacamole to a veggie burger, salmon filet, or baked potato for a happy flavor-surprise!
- 3 avocados—peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper—optional
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt.
- Mix in onion, fresh cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Stir in cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor.