Any season, any event—this Spinach and Artichoke dip is one of our best go-to recipes. Always a huge crowd pleaser, this recipe is extraordinarily tasty and quite simple to make, especially if you prepare it ahead of time. Try the dip as the perfect pair for carrot sticks, zucchini slices, Ritz crackers, and baguette slices, or eat it as a pita sandwich spread. Everything about spinach is a win: the flavor, the health benefits, and especially how easy it is to grow and harvest.
- 1 ¼ cups of milk. You can easily substitute unsweetened plant milk.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Sea salt, freshly ground pepper
- Combine the milk, flour, garlic, lemon juice, and chili powder in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens to a spreadable consistency.
- Add the artichoke hearts, salt, pepper, and spinach. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
- Let the dip cool to the desired temperature.