There’s no better drink for the holiday season than this one. Freshly harvested thyme adds a slightly minty twist to the classic gin and tonic recipe. Both cozy and invigorating, this cranberry & thyme cocktail will keep your spirits high and your mood cheery.
- 2 oz Gin
- 1 oz Tonic
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- Splash of orange juice
- Thyme leaves, to taste
- In a small saucepan, mix cranberries, sugar, water, splash of orange juice, and vanilla extract. Cook for 10-15 minutes while pressing the cranberries with the back of your spoon until they pop.
- Add the thyme and smash with the back of your spoon to release the flavor. Pour mixture through a strainer, discard the solids, and reserve the remaining for a cranberry syrup.
- Add 1 oz of syrup to each glass. Add a few cubes of ice, 2 oz of gin, and then tonic.
- Garnish with thyme leaves.
Enjoy this unique gin and tonic recipe!