Happy National Taco Day!
As a Texas-based company, we are always on the lookout for a quality taco recipe. For the days where we are craving something fresh and satisfying, this one cannot be beaten.
Thanks to the magical cauliflower, these tacos are light, flavorful, and endlessly riffable. However, the real star of this dish, for us, is the herb gremolata that ties it all together. Packed with nutritious herbs, tart lemon, and crunchy nuts, this is a sauce that you will want to make again and again.
- Go big. When picking out a cauliflower, the size of the head will determine the size of your servings. A larger cauliflower ensures that you will have enough for everyone– and for leftovers the next day.
- Adjust ingredients to your lifestyle. Farmers Market’s cauliflower and corn are amazing, and we love how they work in this dish. However, if you’re looking to clean out your freezer or simply in a rush, frozen ingredients are absolutely fine. In fact, they taste just as good as fresh in this particular situation.
- Mind your tortillas. While fillings often get top priority in taco recipes, we are huge proponents of splurging on high-quality tortillas. You’ll be shocked at just how much of a difference it will make. And don’t forget to warm them up on the stove or in the microwave just before serving!
- Serve it up. These tacos are an especially great option for groups, especially when entertaining vegetarian friends. The serving size below is 2-4, but feel free to double or triple for a crowd.
- Get creative! As with all of our recipes, this is just a starting point. This one in particular is open to interpretation and riffing. Experiment with seasoning on the cauliflower, herbs and nuts in the gremolata, and cheese and spreads on the tacos themselves. If you like things hot, serve with hot sauce.The possibilities are endless–and delicious.
Cauliflower Tacos with Herb GremolataCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Medium
Cauliflower Tacos create a unique and tasty dish. The special addition here is the herb gremolata!
1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 cup of corn kernels
5 tbsp olive oil, divided
1-2 tbsp taco or meat seasoning
Salt and pepper, to taste
Juice and zest of one small lemon
1-2 cloves garlic, grated
½ cup chopped parsley or cilantro
½ cup chopped basil
¼ cup chopped chives
½ cup chopped nuts (we like marcona almonds and pistachios)
Flour or corn tortillas
Nonfat greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place cauliflower florets and corn on a large baking sheet, being careful not to overcrowd (use two baking sheets if need be). Add three tablespoons of olive oil, taco seasoning, and salt, and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through, until the cauliflower is tender and very brown.
- Meanwhile, make the gremolata. In a small bowl, combine two tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and lemon juice, and zest. In a medium-sized bowl, add parsley or cilantro, basil, chives, and nuts. Pour the olive oil mixture over the herb mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Immediately before serving, warm tortillas using the microwave, stove or oven. Store in a tortilla warmer or a fresh kitchen towel.
- To serve, spread yogurt on a tortilla, then sprinkle in feta cheese. Add cauliflower and corn, then top with herb gremolata.
- Cauliflower mixture can be stored in the fridge for up to three days. Gremolata can be stored in a sealed jar for up to a week.