Orange, mint, and honey: they’re three of my favorite flavors, and they always feel healthy and refreshing. Pair these three with some flour and sugar and you get the ultimate dessert—a Blood Orange Mint Honey cake. This one tastes even better than it smells—and the scent of fresh citrus coupled with fresh mint is divine, so we think it’s totally worth the calories. Make a quick cup of tea, and drink it alongside your creation for the perfect tea time treat.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of two blood oranges
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4 Tablespoons of honey for garnish
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a Bundt or round cake pan with oil. Dust a little flour on all sides of the pan.
- Whisk together the sugar and eggs.
- Add oil and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour this mixture into the egg mixture and stir. Add the orange zest, blood orange juice, mint, and vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Before removing the cake from the pan, let it sit and cool for five minutes.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of honey and sliced almonds on each warm slice before serving.
For another Orange & Mint combination check out our Mint & Sriracha Salad Recipe.